It’s hard to believe that it has been 6 weeks since surgery. It seems so long ago, yet it happened yesterday.
There are still things I’m struggling with on a daily basis.
- I’m trying to curb my natural tendency to obsess/over think over things.
- I’m not sure I have been this overwhelmingly exhausted since I needed a blood transfusion 4 years ago right before my hysterectomy.
- I’m only sleeping 4-6 hours a night.
- When I do sleep I have psycho bizarre dreams.
- My patience level has not returned. I’m finding myself to be ill tempered, and more BLAH then pre-op.
A small wave of depression is attempting to take root, and I am constantly fighting it off, and in my sleep deprived state that is hard. There are so many little things that feed into…it is what I imagine the old saying “death by a thousand paper cuts” to feel like. No one thing is the “IT” that is causing the problem. Things I know I should just let go and roll off my back, get swallowed and stuck in my throat instead.
I did met my first weight loss goal on Saturday! I broke the 300 pound mark weighing in at 299.0 🙂 It’s almost surreal. It’s been a very long time since I was at this weight.
I’m losing very slowly, but at least I’m losing.