I’ve been oil cleansing on and off for the last 6 weeks or so. Here is my break down. Lets start with the Pro list.
- The pimples/blemishes/spots on my face have pretty much disappeared.
- My skin feels AMAZING! It’s softer and the small lines around my eyes have relaxed slightly.
- The oil soothes any irritated skin and reduces the redness I tend to have along my jaw line and neck from shaving.
- I have a single bottle that takes care of my entire skincare needs. Not the 3-5 products I had before.
- Compared to the skin care product lines I have used in the past this is much cheaper! To buy the whole line of Aveeno products I had been using was about $45 for a 2 months supply. The Oils I’m currently using cost me about $10 total and that is a 3 month supply.
Now the Cons:
- It’s Time Consuming. This isn’t a quick two minute scrub down. You need to plan on at least 10 minutes. Not a good thing when you are running late and need to be dressed and out the door in 5.
- It can be messy. There is a learning curve when it comes to learning how to keep from getting oil all over the bathroom.
- It produces extra laundry. You need to have dedicated wash clothes/rags and they need to be washed separately from any other laundry. Not a huge issue if you have your own washer and dryer, but a pain and extra expense if you have to go out to do your laundry.
- Face Sweat. I’m not sure if this is really caused by the oil, or if I’m just noticing it more, but my face seems to sweat more in the hour or two after I cleanse then normal.
- If you aren’t careful, you will end up with pimples! You have to remove all visible oil from your face taking special care along your hairline. If you don’t get it all off, depending on your skin, you can get breakouts where that oil is sitting. Plus you will look shiny.
All in all, the Pros take the Cons. On my mini vacation last weekend I was able to cleanse both morning and night and my skin was AWESOME!!!! This week not so much…time is my biggest