Well, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the magnificent Bertie and his incredible master/minion(depends on who you talk to!) Jak who live in England . Since he is too busy doing doggy things it is left up to Jak to blog about their life together over at Bertie and Me.
Rules of the Liebster award are:
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions I have given you.
- Pick 11 blogs who have less than 200 followers to share with everybody and tell them you have nominated them.
- Ask them 11 new questions.
- Link back to me
11 Facts about Me!
- I have moved 32 times and lived in 5 different States(TX, AK, WA, WY, CA) and have come full circle back to TX. I told myself that I wouldn’t move again, but I’m actually thinking about it!!
- I have been involved in Dog Rescue ‘officially’ for 6 years.
- I currently have 12 cats and 9 dogs at my home. Only 3 cats and 3 dogs are “mine” the rest are fosters. The newest additions are 9 bottle kittens who lost their mammas and a poor little terrier mix puppy who was purposefully burned with hot oil by someone and I’m attempting to rehab him.
- I have spent the last year dealing with a very messy guardianship and how adoption of a baby cousin. My sister finalized Brenna’s adoption the end of June!!
- I was born and raised in Texas, but only have an accent when I get very weepy or angry.
- I started the Rubenesque Hippo as a Fat Acceptance Blog 5 years ago, although it didn’t stay as that for long! and I created the “Hippo” picture that is my top banner.
- I consider myself to be a very spiritual person, and a moderately religious one. I think there is a difference between the two, but they aren’t mutually exclusive.
- I am 2nd Generation Geek of high order 🙂 I adore all things Star Trek, Doctor Who, LOTR etc. and we are raising the 3rd Generation 🙂 I even have a niece named after a Star Trek character!
- I have enough college credits to have a Masters Degree…but not enough in any one subject to even have a BS/BA! Perhaps someday.
- in 2011 I took a variation of the Yaz birth control pill and ended up being one of the thousands of women who had life threatening complications. I ended up with a number of large blood clots in both my legs and lungs. I spent 7 days in hospital and in the end had to have a hysterectomy as a direct result. I am taking part in the mass lawsuit against Bayer.
- I am perpetually single. It’s very hard to even imagine myself in any kind of a romantic relationship at this point!
Here are the questions I was asked:
- If you won the Lotto today what’s the first thing you’d spend the money on? I’m going to assume this means AFTER I’m done being responsible and paying off all of the debts and mortgages of my Family…I would take an extended trip to the UK to see all of the amazing places I have spent my life reading, learning and dreaming a about!
- If you could have a second home in another country which country would you choose? ohhh…that’s hard lol I think I would live somewhere in England, possibly along the border of Scotland.
- What is your star sign? I am a Taurus, the BULL.
- If you could have 3 people, living or dead, at a dinner party who would they be? Gene Roddenberry(Star Trek Creator), St. Hildegard of Bingen and Albert Einstein.
- What’s your best personality trait? I am Loyal
- What’s your worst personality trait? I am a Perfectionist.
- If your house were on fire and you could rescue just one possession what would it be (excluding people and pets)? There are two answers…My emotional save would be my Teddy Bear who was made for me by my Grandmother. My Logical save would be the computer which has EVERYTHING on it from all the ancestral photos to my novels!
- Is your favourite holiday destination: a city break; a beach holiday; a cruise; a sight-seeing/cultural holiday; camping; a spa break; a sporting holiday or something else? I like to combine a lot of those things together! I would LOVE to take one of the big cruises that hits a dozen different ports in a half dozen different countries where I could sight-see and go to museums, or just have a beach day or spa day if I wanted!
- What book are you currently reading if any? “Pioneering Work in the Opening of the Medical Profession to Women” by Elizabeth Blackwell
- If you’ve had a tough day, what’s your favourite way of unwinding? A glass of soft red wine, and a good movie or book.
- Can you keep a secret? Yes I can 🙂
I’m going to break the rules and not pass this on as I don’t have many blogs that I follow that haven’t already done this!! I dearly love this though!! It made me think 🙂 🙂